Elections 2017 – Ten fun facts (far away from the non stop verbal diarrhoea Yogendra Yadav & Mani Shankar Aiyar are throwing on television channels!)
1. #BJP winning approx 63% of seats (435/690) of #Elections2017. Orange Holi it is. Holi and Diwali to get proper electricity too. History takes ‘U’ turn. U for #UttarPradesh. U for #Uttarakhand.
2. Election Commission had banned all exit polls during elections. The polls came out later, still got it way way wrong! They didn’t see the #TsuNaMo coming.
3. Kudos to #Muslims of #UttarPradesh for choosing secularism and #TripleTalaqBan over polarization and appeasement. Union Minister Giriraj Singh’s was probably right, the minority tag to Muslims should be rolled back. 15% population doesn’t qualify to be labelled minority. They are majority and should be treated as a major force in helping build #India. #SabkaSaathSabkaVikas
4. #BJP didn’t field a single Muslim candidate in the UP elections and Muslims who voted for BJP, saw through the ideology. Out goes the repeatedly mentioned ‘Muslim vote’ agenda for future polls.
5. #Congress must thank #ArvindKejriwal for his non stop appearance ads on television news channels. That was biggest helping hand for #Congress. Next time they want to win an election must choose AK to be their rival.
6. Omar Abdullah has conceded defeat to the #Modi wave till 2024. #AAP concedes ‘sab mile huye hain….public bhi’!
7. Navjyot Singh Sidhu possibly the decisive factor in Punjab voting. Thokko Taali.
8. All in all, Punjabis of #Punjab have proved they are smarter than Delhites of #Delhi ! No more sardar jokes please!
10. Indian media has learnt a lot from #Trump #POTUS win. Media hyped the five states election no end making it look bigger than #USAElections. Media influencers went on to predict #NaMo victory much ahead of time. Red face saved. Credibility intact.
Time for Uniform Civil Code.
There is only one God, for all.
There is only one India, for all.